I saw your face for the first time on March 1st, 2010 at 10:21am.
All these months I was so scared - would I know you? Would I recognize you?
I was looking for you with the wrong eyes. Now the eyes of my eyes are opened and I have seen you with my heart. That is where we fit.
You were born not too far from Addis Ababa one day before the rains fell last year. You were there in your first family's arms while I was here walking around the lake telling your daddy all about Ethiopia. You opened your eyes and looked at the world on a day when I was gathering that huge stack of papers from the adoption agency. You smiled your first smile as we showed the social worker your waiting baby room.
How you made your way to us is a question we may spend our lives trying to answer.
How we made our way to you is a story I will freely give you forever.
This blog is for you little bird. It has always been for you, I just didn't know it. I didn't know so many things.
I will not be perfect. You will not be perfect. Daddy will be close, but still not perfect.
But I promise that we will always see you with more than our eyes.
- Me. Us. She.
- J and I have been married for almost 15 years. We have shared many adventures and a lot of watershed moments. In 2009 I began blogging and in 2010 we adopted our daughter from Ethiopia. In March of 2012 we began the process to adopt a little boy from Haiti. This blog follows the many twists and turns on the road to our two children and beyond.
- Two Court Trips Extended to May 9th
- It was already one month ago...
- Today was a special day
- Court Finale
- She wears her heart on her lips
- Some court discussion and a toes photo
- Because You Asked...
- Deal with God
- Photo Glutton
- Confession From the Road
- Baby Owl Transitions
- My Heart Leapt
- On The Wing Of Luu uh uuve.....!!!
- Me. Us. She. or WE SAID YES!
- ▼ March (16)