Every tree limb overhead seems to sit and wait, while every step you take becomes a twist of fate.
Up on the watershed, standing at the fork in the road...

If you are new to our adoption blog please take a moment to scroll down to the archives at the bottom of this page and start with July 2009 post "Watershed."


2.10.2010

Sometimes My Baby Room Needs Encouragement

Last night I was making tacos in preparation for our weekly L.ost tv watching date.

J ran out to the store to get avocado and cheese.

Along the route from delivering food from the kitchen to the living room coffee table I could hear the baby room calling softly.

I wandered in with my glass of ice water and turned on the light.

I stroked the gray and blue car seat. I promised it that we'd go soon to the firestation to learn all about safe installation.

I plumped the pillow I finally finished sewing last weekend. It looks extremely pleased to be given a place of honor on the amazing C.raigslist find yellow glider.



Sometimes I think the glider gives me a pitying look and a tiny glide of sympathy when I visit.

I took a moment to consider where we should hang the plastic tulip shaped lamp.

I read What's Wrong Little Pookie (my favorite Sandra Boynton book) again. And laughed out loud. Again.


Then I turned off the light and left.


~A

3 comments:

  1. glad you visited. we need to do that every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very thoughtful visit. Love your pillow and I am def going to order that children's book.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
J and I have been married for almost 15 years. We have shared many adventures and a lot of watershed moments. In 2009 I began blogging and in 2010 we adopted our daughter from Ethiopia. In March of 2012 we began the process to adopt a little boy from Haiti. This blog follows the many twists and turns on the road to our two children and beyond.

Followers