And last for now, this is from today...
Had to wake D up for meds at 6:30am. It's funny to me that she loves to sleep so much. A baby after my own heart. Hopefully it isn't just because she's sick. She was very happy for the morning and ate a good breakfast (we found a rich sweet creamy baby rice that she loves.) She really likes to clap for herself after each bite. It's hilarious and keeps all of us around the breakfast table laughing. But I am worried that she isn't eating enough. Fresh fruits and cooked veggies are not her favorites. She seems to only like mac and cheese and injera.
I think J is going to change his ticket to stay with me. Honestly I don't know how single mothers do this. I am exhausted. Right now it is 5pm and both Derartu and I are ready for bed. Also the medicine schedule is very grueling, the appointments have us running around a lot, and I just cannot picture both of us making it home without J. I am pretty sure we'd end up asleep at Heathrow and miss our connection. D is growing up each day before our eyes. It's fun to see. She is bright and funny and enjoys absolutely every new experience. She is really into giving kisses today and had to give them to everyone around her. Big sloppy heart shaped lip kisses.
Tomorrow we are going back to the orphanage to attend her fellow baby's going away party. I think D's going away party is still a week or two away. I am a little nervous about how she'll react to the nannies. I can't even predict. I hope she is sweet to them but doesn't want to GO to them...! Ok, thunder and lightning starting up again. It's like this every late afternoon. Have to try to check a few other emails before I drop from exhaustion.
- Me. Us. She.
- J and I have been married for almost 15 years. We have shared many adventures and a lot of watershed moments. In 2009 I began blogging and in 2010 we adopted our daughter from Ethiopia. In March of 2012 we began the process to adopt a little boy from Haiti. This blog follows the many twists and turns on the road to our two children and beyond.
- Day 2 - Baby in Blue
- Day One - We Met Derartu
- We are not ourselves.
- There is no place like home!
- Home tomorrow!
- Update from Ethiopia--Friday, June 11
- update from Ethiopia--from A's mom
- Update from Ethiopia--Today, June 6
- Update from Ethiopia--June 5
- Update from Ethiopia--June 3
- Updates from Ethiopia--Day One and Two
- ▼ June (11)