This post is specifically for friends, invited family, and fellow adopters who have followed this blog, read the blog, or who are "blog stalking" quietly and wish to continue-in a way that is supportive and constructive.
I feel like my privacy has been seriously compromised in an event that happened this week while I have been traveling for work.
And unfortunately internet was down at my hotel so I wasn't really able to take the action I needed to. (I'm writing from the airport headed home.)
I guess it is something I should have predicted, this privacy problem, but it is easy to blog away your most personal thoughts and feelings without considering the massive scope and scale of the internet. Which is public. I'm not good at self editing or censoring so since I really don't want to change who I am or how I write I need to find another solution.
I'm not sure what to do.
Should I go private or should I remove all identifying information here?
For those of you who have made these kinds of decisions could you make a recommendation please?
My concern about going private is that I think I will lose connections, readers, people I have come to depend on. And I certainly won't meet anyone new. But I'm not sure how to successfully remove identifying information.
Ok, whew. This has been a hard week. On top of two previously hard weeks. Blogging is my only outlet and I feel so seriously compromised that my stomach is just churning. Once I address this privacy issue I will share with you a little about what happened.
~You know who.
- Me. Us. She.
- J and I have been married for almost 15 years. We have shared many adventures and a lot of watershed moments. In 2009 I began blogging and in 2010 we adopted our daughter from Ethiopia. In March of 2012 we began the process to adopt a little boy from Haiti. This blog follows the many twists and turns on the road to our two children and beyond.
- ► 2010 (106)
- Going Private?
- Father Reluctance
- Here is where I confess a lot of crappy fertility ...
- Wordless Wednesday - almost
- You take the good you take the bad you take them b...
- Favorite Things - the good plates
- The day I've been waiting for has finally come - n...
- And she treasured these things in her heart...
- Will the F*ancy T*iger restore my creative energy?...
- ▼ December (10)