Every tree limb overhead seems to sit and wait, while every step you take becomes a twist of fate.
Up on the watershed, standing at the fork in the road...

If you are new to our adoption blog please take a moment to scroll down to the archives at the bottom of this page and start with July 2009 post "Watershed."


1.22.2010

Back to the Past

Exactly one year ago I was packing to leave for a two week trip to Ethiopia.
I went to visit projects that promote and enhance family or community-based care for orphans and vulnerable children.

It was an honor, really, to see the amazing work of Ethiopians caring for children.
It was an honor to create relationships that keep me connected to Addis Ababa.

I looked at the calendar tonight and I can't believe one year has gone by. I can't believe that I have been to Ethiopia twice in 2009 and that next time I'm there it will hopefully be to meet our daughter.

When I whine and complain about the dripping of time I forget sometimes to take into consideration the way that one year has flown by. That this time last year, as I packed for Ethiopia, the thought of adopting from Africa had not even crossed my mind....






















~A

8 comments:

  1. Those photos are unbelievable. You have an amazing eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. You have a great eye! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely incredible photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Captures so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photographs. Beautiful. And, it's been weird to me that while time seems to be passing slowly, it can still (in retrospect) have gone so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos. Takes me back and melts my heart. I want so badly to get back to Ethiopia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that trip has been on my mind this past week, too. The week I met YOU and MY DAUGHTER. I was just thinking how much I would love to be back there...NOW. Just to smell the smells and see the people and hear their chatter. Oh, my heart aches for that place.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
J and I have been married for almost 15 years. We have shared many adventures and a lot of watershed moments. In 2009 I began blogging and in 2010 we adopted our daughter from Ethiopia. In March of 2012 we began the process to adopt a little boy from Haiti. This blog follows the many twists and turns on the road to our two children and beyond.

Followers